Thursday, April 5, 2007

UVM Officer Candidates for 2007-2008

LEAH GROSSMAN- PRESIDENT
Hi all. Well, this is my fourth semester in Feelgood and my second as VP. I am thrilled to be leading a group of the MOST AMAZING PEOPLE into another year of tremendous growth. I would like to see Feelgood take on a more professional quality as well as become more efficient in communicating our message of partnership. I believe that being a part of this organization has the power to change you both as a typical college student and as a member of humanity. I have enjoyed seeing members take on ownership of our operation and invest so much of themselves. My favorite thing about being a leader for feelgood is watching a member who comes in kind of clueless, evolve into this fierce individual who, while handing out a Wanu, is grillin up the sickest grilled cheese ever, helping the girl next to her with portion control, and simultaneously is explaining what an epicenter is to the interested student on the other side of the counter. Now THAT'S a feelgooder!

LIZ BATSFORD- VICE PRESIDENT

I've been involved with Feelgood since last semester. It's become a pretty big part of what I do at UVM and I want to get further involved. I get really excited about The Hunger Project and all of the work it does. As Vice President I would like to put an extra effort into making sure that we continue to attract new members and to make them feel welcome. I really want to help to bring Feelgood to the next level.
My favorite sandwich is the U.P.S. with mushrooms and onions on sourdough.

MELISSA STIMSON- VICE PRESIDENT
My name is Melissa Stimson. I am a sophomore and I have been involved with FeelGood for the 2006-2007 school year. I would love to fill the position of vice president because I feel that it is one of many ways for me to express my love and commitment for this organization. I feel that my experience, passion, dedication, responsibility and friendliness are qualities that will help us all work towards our goals of raising awareness of The Hunger Project and creating partnerships which work towards ending world hunger. After all if we work hard enough we can accomplish anything!

MARGARET PETRARCA-TREASURER
My name is Margaret Petrarca and I am running for the position of treasurer. I joined FeelGood last semester and attended the Gala in NYC for the Africa Prize. It was a very enlightening experience and ever since I have been trying to find ways
to give my time and passion to FeelGood. I have been on the bread commity and recently switched to the produce commity and i would like to continue to give by becoming treasurer. I feel that FeelGood has grown so much and i would like
to see it continue to gain success and to be a part of that success.
If I were to be a FeelGood grilled cheese I would be the Shelburne Shandwich without mushrooms, with pesto and roasted garlic parm bread!

LAURA CUI- FUNDRAISING CHAIR (FALL 2007)
"It all started at Billings Bedlam 2006 when I ate my first FeelGood sandwich. That combination of pesto, pasta sauce and cheese tickled my senses so! FeelGood sandwiches are totally delicious. But fo realz. This year, I have become much
more involved with FeelGood, and I would love to help out even more. I am running for Fundraising Chair for Fall 2007. I have worked with fundraising in the past with other groups and I can use the experience I gained to help FeelGood. Although we already donate a large amount to THP, I think we can do even better. In raising more money and reaching more people, we will be able to form stronger bonds with our
THP partners. Peace, equality, and gourmet grilled cheese for all!"

ALYSSA CATALANO- FUNDRAISING CHAIR (SPRING 2008)
"Hey I'm Alyssa and I got involved with UVM FeelGood this fall, but discovered the grilled cheese last spring. I loved getting a King Klinger, it would always
make my Friday afternoon. Sophomore year I decided to get involved and take an
active part with FeelGood, and have been hooked. I am running for the Fund raising chair with Laura. I am going to New Zealand in the Fall and Laura is going abroad in the Spring so we decided to team up and raise some money for us! I have been in contact with some of the Church Street Marketplace vendors and am hoping that we will be able to develop a relationship with several of the stores so that we can have a fun different raffle every month.
If you want the piece with our favorite sandwich, mine is a self-created one. I take 2pieces of Maple Oat Walnut bread (or Pumpernickel when we have it!), add cheese, caramelized onions, salsa, and pesto."

JAMIE SEIFFER- ADVERTISING CHAIR

This is Jamie's second year involved in feelgood. He currently heads advertising and is super good at it! He wants every single person on campus to know what feelgood is, and is extremely passionate and excited about making that happen.

1 comment:

Jim Goodman said...

Hey there UVM FeelGooders!!! It's Jim Goodman here -- for those of you who don't know me, I work for The Hunger Project as Regional Director of U.S. Funding, and I have the privilege of being the staff liaison and partner of FeelGood.

I loved reading all of your blog entries -- your passion for THP and FG is inspiring. Not to mention your passion for gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches!!! And Leah, your description of the "fierce individual" multi-tasking behind the counter -- awesome!

I know you guys love our volunteer activist Jasa Porciello, and I'm hoping she'll be able to be with you again at your end of the year celebration. But I have to say I'm tempted to wrestle that assignment away from her and come up there myself. I kind of have my sights on that U.P.S. with onions and mushrooms on sourdough that Liz mentioned. Mmmmmmmmm!!

All right, you keep up the great work. Reading the blog really energized me to get on with my day -- raising money to fund the end of hunger. Yes!!